Saturday 9 August 2008

Getting it Right

A while ago I was doing a presentation on the effectiveness of employee engagement, and looking for the latest statistics to back it up. There have been a great number of studies done by reputable companies, and I found plenty of numbers that prove employee engagement is worth doing. The thing is, I also found them unutterably dull!

I firmly believe that while statistics can sound impressive when you hear them, a number is easily forgotten. It is real experiences that are persuasive, and the stories behind them that are memorable.

So I decided to forget the statistical research, and go and interview some real people. I wanted to hear success stories from people who get employee engagement right. I wanted to hear about failures, from people who have learnt from them. To hear directly from those accountable for the bottom line, why they invest in employee engagement.

On this blog I will be presenting a number of case studies, based on interviews with the people who are Getting it Right. I hope you find them as informative and inspiring as I have. We start next week with a study on one of the UK's most admired brands: Pret a Manger.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Great, I look forward to reading all about it.

Would you ever think of taking interview nominations from your blog readers?

Sam said...

Absolutely! Send them this way...