Friday 9 January 2009

Note from my boss - by Alexander Kjerulf

After my last post on the subject of fresh starts in 2009, I stumbled across this article by the brilliant Alexander Kjerulf. For all you leadership types the post is entitled "Note from my boss". It fashions itself as a letter of intent from a boss to a new employee stating the employer's commitment to the employee, and what they would like in return.

Interestingly if you read the comments, you'll see that this post caused a lot of controversy. Some people think this is an incredibly manipulative exercise designed to squeeze every last drop of energy out of your employees. Which is a bit sad really. I think the point is that you shouldn't actually send this note, but that any employer who has this two-way street attitude to management is going to end up with a lot of very happy, engaged people on his or her team.

No comments: